Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Woman's Cry from the 13th Floor

This is a poem that I decided to write trying to think of how the woman from "The Woman on the 13th Floor" was feeling. I picture her in a place of confusion. I can picture her in a place of just not really knowing what to do. The number 13 has really become a significant number for death and for destruction. We think of Friday the 13th, and so many more movies out there with the number 13 meaning death and for some odd reason this woman is hanging from the 13th floor and to me, I wrote this poem thinking of how she was feeling....

Who I Am

Does anyone care to know who I am
because I can't find myself
does anyone hear my cry
because no one is answering it
does anyone care about me
because I feel so lonely and depressed
and at this point
I guess nothing else matters
because I may never know
who I really am

So thats some thinking into what she may have been feeling or questions that she may have had while she was on the 13th floor of loneness. This could apply to us as well. Because sometimes in life we all get to a point where we feel like this and where were on the 13th floor of our life sometimes we need to take a deep breath and get back on the 12th floor and follow the way the God has set out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment